Every year the Southern Maryland Disc Golf Association honors an Ace member in good standing, who has gone above and beyond their call of responsibility as an Ace member. As one of our most active participating Ace members within our club Marc Lopez has been traveling back and forth between Turkey Hill, Hot Shots and Sayburrs Edge logging more league rounds than anyone else for years. He is also one of our most active tournament players, and he is always volunteering to help with club course work. To say Marc was long overdue for being recognized as Ace Member of the Year is a total understatement. Thanks, Marc, for everything you do for advancing the sport in our region, being a great competitor, person and friend to everyone in the club. Three cheers!
This post is long overdue, Southern Maryland faithful. Huge shout out to everybody who came out in the bitter cold to support our event. 33 Disc golfers from all over Maryland and Virginia particapted in our 7th annual 2018 Southern Maryland Ice Bowl, held at Turkey Hill Park in LaPlata, MD on Janurary 15th. This year we raised $1555 and 375 lbs of food for the Southern Maryland Food Bank. That brings our running total up to $12255 and 3250 lbs of food after all 7 years!!!
A big thank you to Bion Inc, Sayburr Construction, and Fresh Start Mortgage Consulting for their support and contributions made. Congrats to our winners: Trey Hamlet in Advanced. Mike Hart in Intermediate. Adam Neal in Beginner. Congrats to Mike Seay for bringing the player-awarded Best Chili.
Let's do it again next year!
A quick shout out to the St Mary's Parks Department for replacing the stolen Mach5 DGA basket that went missing in October. The basket was reinstalled on hole 8 at Hot Shots tuesday.
A mega THANK YOU to Waldorf Honda for becoming an early sponsor of the Turkey Hill Contender B-Tier disc golf tournament scheduled for Sept 3rd. Check out their website http://www.waldorfhonda.com and slap them a like on their facebook page as a thank you for supporting Disc Golf in Southern Maryland. https://www.facebook.com/waldorfhonda/
Hi everybody. I found some time to work on this website a little bit and completed the membership section and most of the other sub pages. There's still a lot more to do including adding a store front for our extra club discs and apparel. After this is all set up I hope to find a few club members to contribute to news updates and store management. Stay tuned!
Sign up to become a member of the Southern Maryland Disc Golf Association, INC.
Two membership levels are offered:
• Receive full membership package
• Full membership with full responsibilities and voting rights.
• Must pay dues and fulfill responsibilities.
• Encouraged to hold office and/or help run a major event each year.
• Entitled to full benefits, discounts, and attendance to board meetings.
• Receive Bag Tag
• Full membership with voting rights and limited responsibilities.
• Cannot be elected to board of directors, but may be appointed as an interim director.
• Must pay dues and fulfill minimal responsibilities.
• Entitled to partial discounts.
• One year membership in the Southern Maryland Disc Golf Association.
• Electronic mailings and newsletters.
• Discounts on selected Southern Maryland Disc Golf Association fundraiser items.
• Discounts on goods/services offered by participating businesses.
• Ace and Birdie members eligible for select discounts during disc golf events
All Ace membership applications shall be submitted by September 30 of the current calendar year. All current year applications submitted after September 30 will be considered for Par or Birdie level membership.
Grace period for renewing Ace Members expires April 1st of current calendar year. Ace members that fail to renew dues by April 1st will be considered Par Members until Ace Member dues are renewed.
Southern Maryland Disc Golf Association, Inc bylaws are posted here: http://tinyurl.com/ho2gpmt