Since 2009, we have led the effort to educate and expand awareness for the sport of disc golf in Southern Maryland. We have been at the forefront of all disc golf course development projects in Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's Counties, Maryland. We strive to continue improving local courses, and to assist with all new course developments within our reach.
The Southern Maryland Disc Golf Association is a registered 501C4 non profit and has been formed to help local communities and private land owners coordinate public disc golf course development and community interaction. We represent all that is good and fun about disc golf . Our members have a desire to teach others about the sport of disc golf both locally and abroad. We respect our courses, the land, the general public, and each other at all times and volunteer to help others learn about the sport when possible.
- Partnered with Charles County Parks Department to design and developed the course at Turkey Hill Park.
- Proposed and gained approval for a new course to be developed at Ward Road Park in Calvert County.
- Funded and installed many improvements at Hot Shots, including additional tee pads, baskets, benches and upgraded tee signs.
- Hosted many sanctioned PDGA tournaments annually.
- Hosted many fundraising events for other local community charities such as food banks and humane societies.
- Hosted clinics for the general public and private organizations including schools and scout groups.